We Asked Liz Hill
As morning show anchor for NBC 26, Liz Hill is up and at the station around 3:30 a.m. every weekday. Thanks to her lightning-fast routine, she can be out the door in as little as 15 minutes (with breakfast!).
1. Do what you can the night before. “The night before, I shower and do my hair so I can just touch up.” She also picks out her outfits at night so getting dressed takes only seconds.
2. Skip hair washings. “I only wash my hair two or three times a week. It sounds gross, but it actually makes it easier to style your hair.”
3. Make breakfast in batches. “I try to eat breakfast every morning...so I make it for three or four days.” She might scramble eight eggs at a time and portion them out into single-serving containers—easy to heat then eat on the run.
4. Get down the essentials. “My essentials are always concealer, powder, mascara and lipstick. As long as I have that, then I can fill in the rest as the show goes on.” She does her makeup at the station, but she can complete her look in 20 minutes or less.
5. Emphasize one great feature. “People always ask how I get my eyelashes so long or if they’re fake.” She extends liquid eyeliner to the end of the lid then flares it up. And she is loyal to Falsies by Maybelline mascara. “It makes it look like I’m wearing false eyelashes when I’m not.”